Our Commitment to your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed only when absolutely necessary
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
- We will never sell or give your data to anyone who would spam you.
Personal information is information about you from which you can be identified, such as your name and contact details. This may include sensitive personal information such as medical information. The Physiotherapy Clinics & Peebles Physiotherapy may ask you for you for relevant information which will assist in providing you with the best possible treatment and advice.
If we make a change to any of the ways in which we process personal information, we will update this web page with an updated date displayed at the top of this page, so please check back regularly for updates.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information to provide you with our services and to improve and extend our services. This may include:
- creating appointments and responding to your queries
- supporting your medical treatment and care
- internal record keeping and administration
- responding to requests where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so
- checking the accuracy of information about you, and the quality of your treatment or care, including auditing medical and billing information for insurance claims.
- supporting your doctor or other healthcare professional
- assessing the type and quality of care you have received and any concerns or complaints you raise, so that these can be properly investigated
- using your contact information to send you service-related information (only if you have agreed to this)
- using your contact information to give you an opportunity to complete a customer satisfaction survey
- using your contact information to conduct and analyse market research
Confidential and Medical Information
The confidentiality of your personal information is of paramount concern to The Physiotherapy Clinics & Peebles Physiotherapy and we comply with UK data protection law and all the relevant medical confidentiality guidelines.
Your confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care, or in accordance with UK law and guidelines from professional bodies, or for the purposes of clinical audit (unless you object).
Information we may hold
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- basic details such as name, address, contact details and next of kin
- details provided by yourself by email, text or phone conversation
- patient experience feedback and treatment outcome information you provide
- information about complaints and incidents
- medical notes and reports about your health, injury including any treatment and care you have received or require
- information from customer surveys, competitions and marketing activities
- other information we receive from practitioners or other companies who have obtained your permission to share information about you.
Security of Information
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We have put in place physical, electronic and operational procedures intended to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our staff have a legal duty to respect the confidentiality of your information, and access to your confidential and medical information is restricted only to those who have a reasonable need to access it.
We take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Our website is secured by a Secure Socket Layer Certificate and as such, any information transmitted via this website is encrypted.
Our email server is also protected via SSL/TLS and as such, if you have configured your email client to send and receive emails via this secure method, your data will be secure. If you are using plain text then we can not guarantee the safety or integrity of any emails once they have left our server.
When using this website, if the URL of a web page starts with HTTPS, or you see a locked/green padlock symbol, your data should be encrypted when it is sent from your computer to our server. However, we cannot ensure the security of your data when it is being transmitted to our website or other digital sites from other pages. All transmission of personal information and other data is done at your own risk.
Information submitted to The Physiotherapy clinics or Peebles Physiotherapy through a website is normally unprotected until it reaches us. In addition, users are also requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your personal and medical information
We will only keep your personal information and medical records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with the UK and Scottish law.
Data Protection Officer
The Physiotherapy Clinics & Peebles Physiotherapy has appointed Phil Mack as the Data Protection Officer (DPO). If you have any queries about our policy or concerns about your data please contact us. Full details are available on our contact page.
Third Party Data Processors
We use a third party (TM2) to help us securely store your personal data and medical notes, and manage the appointment diary and financial information. Confidential medical information will only be disclosed to those involved with your treatment or care and in accordance with UK and Scottish law.
Other third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Third party providers we use:
Last updated 15.04.18