Occupational Health, Edinburgh
“A unique approach to combating pain in the workplace.”
Millions of pounds are lost every year due to work-related occupational injuries, like back pain and RSI’s (repetitive strain injuries) and as a result, Occupational Health in Edinburgh is fast becoming an essential consideration for small and large businesses to ensure long-term employee productivity.
Businesses are realising the importance of providing a healthy, pain-free environment by providing the right equipment and introducing policies that may significantly reduce the risk of injuries like back pain and RSI’s. Occupational Health assessments are an important part of this process as they will provide detailed recommendations to help resolve pain in the workplace, allowing employees to focus on their work in pain-free comfort.
The Physiotherapy Clinics are helping businesses throughout Edinburgh achieve healthy working environments through their unique approach towards Occupational Health. By using Specialist Occupational Physiotherapists they offer comprehensive workplace or workstation assessments and can also correct ergonomic and postural positioning. As Chartered Physiotherapists, they can also provide specific advice and treatment (if required) that will help remove unwanted pain and stiffness.
Exercise programs and postural advice are provided to help correct poor posture as well as strengthen postural muscles with the aim to regain normal pain-free movement. The program is designed to encourage each employee to continue their exercise program at home or in the gym.
Our Specialist Occupational Physiotherapists will work closely with both the employer and their staff, creating a team approach to find solutions towards a healthy and pain-free working environment.
Occasionally, workstation or workplace changes and exercise programs are not enough to completely remove pain, stiffness or injury. Therefore, hands-on physiotherapy treatment may be recommended
If would like to arrange a Work Station Assessment or Work Place Assessment or would like further information, then please contact our team on 07738 304238 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With so many people now working from home, we are seeing far more back and neck pain and other related pain as a result of sitting or working in different positions or using different desk and chair setups that they were used to when working at their office.
Our Occupational Physiotherapists have therefore prepared themselves with full PPE and infection control measures to be able to carry out ergonomic assessments in your home.
You will be provided with a detailed report including advice, recommendations, and a suitable rehabilitation plan to make sure you alleviate your back or neck pain.
Call our admin team to arrange an appointment on 0131 218 3000 or email email@example.com.
What we offer
- On-site assessments, undertaken by our team of experienced Specialist Occupational Physiotherapists.
- A detailed report providing recommendations for adjustments or changes to the workstation.
- Assessment allowing for solutions to be implemented so that employers meet Health and Safety legislation.
- Advice to the employee on how to maintain pain-free postural positioning.
- Provision of a bespoke exercise program to help reduce back pain, RSI’s or other musculoskeletal injuries.
- Arrangement of physiotherapy treatment if required.
- Follow up review (if required) to assess the employees’ progress and provide the employer and employee with graded expectations for a return to full duties. This will help to manage the expectations of both parties.
- A holistic approach assessing the environmental, work-station and, most importantly, the functional and everyday activities of the employee.
- Should further investigation be required to assist diagnosis or treatment, we have a network of medical specialists to assist in this process.
- All patients will have access to a digital exercise program specifically designed for their injury and rehabilitation.
- All our Physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Health Professions Council.
We are pleased to announce a new association with Posturite, UK’s leading supplier of ergonomic office equipment, who are now our recommended supplier for all office furniture and equipment.
As part of our agreement, Posturite will provide preferential rates to all our workplace assessment customers.
For further details, please contact our admin team firstname.lastname@example.org